Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring is Here...



Yeh!! Spring is here...with all of its beauty...

Japanese spring is really wonderful with its lovely Cherry blossom trees...with its "Hanami" culture, the typical custom of viewing these Cherry trees sitting under them with lots of good foods and alcohol, and of course with lots of good friends.

Today I went for Hanami...but alas!! with no food or alcohol!
In the evening, after dinner, my husband suddenly popped up this idea of going to view the Cheery trees at night and taking some pictures. So we did! We went to the famous Dogo Park. We went just to understand that it was quite late, most of the good viewing places were at closing time...so we took some pictures hurriedly and came back...





Here they are!  You can see the pictures are dark because it was near the closing time of the park...I was quite angry with my husband for popping up the idea so late...why didn't he think of that earlier? (You know how men are!!!)...

Anyhow, here are some pictures of what I started today.
Actually, I bought this cute kit some time ago from the yearly embroidery show here by a famous Japanese stitcher, Ms Totsuka. I bought some other patterns or kits also. And as usual, I forgot to start any of them. At last today, I started this.




It's quite fun! As you can see, the pattern is already printed. And the kit also have all the necessary threads and even one needle inside. The only problem I'm facing here is the fabric. It's the usual cross stitch fabric, but I have to do Chain stitch or Stem stitch or other stitches which we don't usually do on this fabric.

Let's see how it comes out...

No comments:

Post a Comment