Total Pageviews

Friday, May 20, 2011

I Hate Cats (????)

I always thought I hated cats. Whenever I'm asked whether I like cats or not, without hesitations my answer is a big "NO". I am totally a dog person.
Please don't get me wrong. I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling. At home also, I always have this debate over cats or dogs with my mother or my husband who are avid cat lovers.


But these all were until now. See what I found to stitch now...








I bought this piece for Red-work. It has 15 grids. 


And guess what??!! All the grids have kittens.






Aren't they cute? I know, I know...you'd say what about all those blabbering at the beginning. But I can't help it. These kittens are too cute. So I guess I can't say I hate cats anymore...lol.



I started it yesterday. It's my first red-work. So I'm not that sure whether I'm working correctly or not.
I'm stitching the kitten with two strings of thread with  outline stitch as it would give a thicker straight look. And I used 1 string of thread for its eyes, nose or the whiskers.



I'm sorry the pictures didn't come well. I can't get a better close-up (thanks to my great camera skill). And the creases can't be ironed until I finish stitching. Ironing might erase the prints. So that means I have to finish it as soon as possible to get a better picture...^-^

4 comments:

  1. You could be little realistic and embroidered a picture of a dog chasing away cats wherein whom the dog's and the cat's face should resemble would be obviously your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to whoever commented at the top. Thanks for your comment.
    But definitely I'm not going to be that realistic to do such cruel thing. Secondly, I think a dog chasing away cats here would ruin this whole project. Moreover, these kittens are too cute to chase away.

    To fialka012: thanks always for your lovely comments with those lovely marks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    First time here :) Hope to see the latest update in this piece soon.

    Hugs from India,
    Deepa
    http://deepashome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete